Pages

29 September 2008

More THANK YOU Cards and RILEY!

What a nice day!! Jared (my DS1) is on his school holiday starting today for 2weeks (Spring Break) so that would mean there will be no rushing in the mornings (at least for 2 weeks) and more time for me to organise our small home and more time to make cards. =) Yay!

I was able to make 3 cards for today (and still be making more after dinner lol!). I've just started to make Thank You cards and these are primarily for our church. These cards will be given everytime there is an invited preacher or speaker. I haven't told anyone in the church about this (just my darling hubby), I just felt that I need to make cards and hand them off to our Pastor's wife once I finish them all. We normally have guest preachers/speakers once a month so I guess, 10 cards will do atm. Here are my first two finished Thank You cards:



These are actually easy cards. They are simple yet they somehow look elegant. I just noticed that I haven't been using my Cuttlebug embossing folders (and I have about 14 of them!) so, I decided to use them this time.



There was no stamping done in any of these two cards. The sentiments were all computer-generated and I guess, I'll be making more sentiments using my computer. Much easier and more personalised. On this card I used my Bloom Dots folder and my Standard Circle and Petite Scallop Circle nestabilities.




While on this one, I used my Paisley embossing folder (one of my favs) and just cut out a sentiment to go along with it. The base cardstock colour somehow looked like blue but IRL it's actually dark eggplant-coloured. (and the grosgrain ribbon as well) I used the same materials on both cards which are mostly from my stash.

And this one is RILEY which is another RAK image I received from Peggy. (thanks again Peggy, hope you're doing well, you haven't been posting lately). I just found out that I have this lilac-coloured cardstock already ran through the Cuttlebug, so I decided to use it for this image. This is the first time I coloured a Riley for a simple reason that I don't even have a single Riley on my collection lol! Funny! I hope I entertained you with my new creations. Will be posting more later.

See yah!


Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Simple, elegant thank-you cards! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how elegant just a little bit of Cuttlebugging makes a card? All of these cards are wonderful, Jhet. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of your cards! Simple yet elegant! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful!! I'm sure the church will appreciate them. Riley is just too cute also, gotta love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just fab Jhet!
    I fancy getting a few more Cuttlebug embossing folders.
    How did you do the Thank you in a circle on the computer? Was it word art?
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin