Pages

02 January 2009

Exciting NEWS! (with a sketch and colour challenge)

Happy New Year everyone! And yes, I'm making it short and sweet-----

I was chosen to be InStyle Stamps Guest Designer for January!! Yay!! What a wonderful way to start the new year. And I thank God for it 'coz I know He's behind all these wonderful things that's happening to us.

This is actually a self-announcement (but not self-proclaimed though, lol!) as Virginia, the very kind owner of InStyle Stamps already gave me the "go-signal". She'll be formally announcing it come next week so make sure to visit the Instyle Stamps blog and to browse on the online shop so you can see the rest of the products they offer.

So, for a starter, I want to present to you one of InStyle stamps' gorgeous girls --ROXY!





Isn't she gorgeous?! With her afro hair and sweet smile - who can resist her? :) I coloured Roxy using my Prismacolor pencils to complement the CC199 color combo challenge over SCS which highlights the use of So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy and Handsome Hunter(I used the colour chart made by one of the SCSers that matches the SU cs and Prismascolor pencils). I used Odourless Solvent and blending stumps with my Prismas and put a bit of Copic spica glitter clear on her earrings, bangles and the outline of her top. (the camera didn't catch the bling, sorry). Here's a closer look at her:


Roxy reminds me of my youngest sister, Carol. She has the same smile like her (and the twinkling eyes as well, lol!).

Here's the list of the stuffs that I used for your reference:

Stamps: Roxy by InStyle Stamps; Paper: SU! Whisper White, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter, dp unknown; Accessories: Prismacolor Premier pencils, Odourless solvent, blending stumps, Copic Spica glitter pen (clear), Fiskars all a-fleur embossing border punch, pop dots

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jhet, this stamp is too cute! I love your work. Your amazing. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on January Guest designer for InStyle Stamps!! Great card! I really like how you colored Roxy!

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin