Pages

05 May 2009

Reverse Masking with Ginger {InStyle Stamps}

Hello everyone! I haven't posted for awhile as I've been busy around the house and all. I didn't get any chance to sit and create the past few weeks and I believe God is telling me something..and that is to slow down and spend more time with Him reading and knowing His words. During the times that I've been busy creating cards, I sometimes neglect my bible reading (in all honesty), but then things have changed and I know God is touching me and telling me to just be "still" and know that He is God. And He has to be first before anything else. :) So now, I'm back into my daily Bible reading and hopefully will be back on my regular posting and cardmaking as well.


This card isn't actually new. I mean, I've made this during my InStyle Stamps Guest Designer stint but just wasn't able to post it. I made this card to show the Reverse Masking technique. If you're already doing masking, then reverse masking is as easy as that.


Here's my card:

In this card, I cut out a circle then used the frame (from where I cut the circle) and sponged within the cut area (which in this case is, the circle LOL!) I just used a very subtle ink as backgrounds are meant to be soft and subtle. Here I used a Versacolor Baby Blue ink.




After I'm done with my sponging, I then stamped Ginger {InStyle Stamps} and the Butterfly from Studio G then coloured it with my Prisma pencils. Finished it off by putting tab ribbons and Kaiser Pearls in Chocolate.
Now it's your turn to try this technique out. I just hope that I was able to guide you with the how-to of the reverse masking even with just a very short instructions. :)
Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute Jhet!! Love the colours, ribbon tabs and pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card, might just have to try that technique tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your purple card Jhet. The metallic
    BP is gorgeous with the crystal brad. Very
    pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin