Pages

10 September 2009

Green Christmas

Good morning and happy Thursday to all of you! As early as now, I can already feel Christmas in the air. :) How about you? Well, really, everyday is Christmas if we have Jesus in our hearts. ♥ He is the real reason for the season. He is the reason why we have Christmas and why it's so meaningful. Well, we don't actually have to wait for Christmas to feel Christmas because we can do a lot of things to make everyday and everything around us feel like Christmas. Just like this card:

Yes, I'm slowly building up my Christmas cards stash and I've just done a few for now. I will make it a point to make 2-3 Christmas cards a week so I will not be in a rush when December comes. And I'm so thrilled to tell you that most of my friends have already placed their Christmas cards order from me as early as now. Yay!! Some of them have special requests like Bible verses and some just want it to be a typical Christmas card but of course, all these cards will be made with much care.

Okay, on with the card. Sorry for too much blabbing, I'm just so excited to share it to you. This card was patterned after the sketch challenge for this week, SC245 over SCS. This is just so nice and effective even for a square card or an A5 one.

I coloured Tilda with Prismacolor pencils and odourless solvent and cut the image panel using Spellbinders Labels 4. Then I did a very light sponging around her with Versacolor Baby Blue ink and then with Versacolor Narcissus a bit closer to Tilda to highlight the outline of the image. The green cs behind her was embossed using Cuttlebug Snowflakes and I put three ribbon tabs on the left side of the horizontal panel and Kaiser pearls on its bottom right side.

The paper is from Kaiserscrapbook's Pear Tree and Home for Christmas collection. Aren't they gorgeous?? But wait!! Can you see the bell Tilda is holding? Yes, I used Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter!!! Hubby bought me one yesterday when we went to Spotlight and it's totally gorgeous to use on projects. Australia doesn't have too much of Martha Stewart's products but some shops are slowly introducing it to the public. This glitter is the 2nd Martha Stewart product that I acquired. :) Can you see the bling? Here's another shot, just another background colour just so you can see the glittery bell.


This is all for now. There are lots of housechores waiting in line for me. :) Might try to come up with another card later in between those.

Thank you so much for the visit and may our good Lord bless and keep you always.

Jhet

Stamps: Tilda with Bell (RAK)
Paper: white cs, Quill Manhattan green cs, KAISERscrapbook French Hen (Pear Tree collection) & Egg Nog (Home for Christmas) dsp
Ink: Versacolor Baby Blue, Versacolor Narcissus
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 4, Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder, organdy ribbon, corner punch, Kaiser pearls (green), Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter





Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I stumbled upon your blog because I was searching the internet for wedding anniverary card ideas. I also like to make my own cards, as I love arts and crafts, and it's also a lot more personal, not to mention inexpensive!

    I just wanted to say thank you because your cards gave me a lot of great ideas!

    I'm also a Christian, and it's so nice to see other Christian women embracing their God-given gifts and talents and using them to glorify Him and bless others! Keep up the good work!

    God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin