Pages

23 November 2009

CAS42 Sponging with Butterflies

Yay!! This week's set CAS challenge over SCS is a simple technique called "sponging" which happens to be one of my favs! That's why as soon as I saw the post, I didn't waste anytime and made my contribution to it straight away. :)

This sponging technique is actually a reverse masking. I'm so into the challenge but I was lost at first and didn't know where to start. I bet you also have days like this. So, I flipped onto my stamped images and stamps (which I organised on a 3-ring binder) and saw these cute butterflies from Darkroom Door Wildflower set. Okay problem solved. I did the sponging first (using the negative side of the Labels 1 die cut as the mask), stamped the butterflies, coloured the biggest of them all, stamped the sentiment then finished off with 3 layers of assorted flowers with a Basic Grey pearl on the centre. Quick, clean and simple.

What do you think?

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

Jhet

Stamp: Darkroom Door Wildflower set
Paper: white cs
Ink: Versacolor Petal Pink & Misty Mauve, SU! Purely Pomegranate (retired)
Accessories: Labels 1 negative side, sponge dauber, Glimmer Mist Pearl (sprayed on flowers), Basic Grey Black pearl, Copic markers, assorted flowers

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin