Pages

14 April 2010

SSCC#34 and CC266 {Mark 11:24}

Happy Wednesday everyone! I've been having mini-migraine attacks since last night but thank God I'm still somehow productive around the house and in my craft table. LOL! Yesterday, I didn't make a card as I was practicing how to colour with Copics. I've coloured quite a bit and I was practicing with the colouring of skin/face. I will be showing you the differences and my progress (ahem!) on my next post. :)

Okay, on to my card. This is my take for this week's Colour Combination Challenge (CC266) over SCS. And the colours for this week are the ff:
- Ruby Red
- Cameo Coral
- Blush Blossom

Lovely colours!! I'm also combining this to SSCC#34 taken from Philippians 4:4-7:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

The challenge is to make a project/card about prayer and/or peace. My Bible verse is one of my favourites and I printed onto Blush Blossom with brown ink. I cut it with Labels Four and matted it onto Ruby Red also cut with the same die, the next size up. The Blush Blossom panel was embossed with Fiskars texture plates (Feathers) and the verse panel were both sprayed with Glimmer Mist Pearl. I finished off the card with some Chocolate pearls, chocolate satin ribbon (made with Bow Easy) and assorted flowers with a paper rose.


I really like this Bible verse as it gives me the sense of security knowing that our God hears and answers prayers. We just really have to believe by faith and our prayers will be answered.
Thanks so much for the visit. God bless us all.
Hugs,
Jhet


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jhet!! This is gorgeous!! Love your colors, Nesties and of course your verse. Very elegant card. Thanks for playing along with us at STampin Sisters in Christ Challenges this week! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Jhet!! I love those colors together! Fantastic embossed detail, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica this is so beautiful!!! I love the rich tones and the wonderful verse! The texture plate you used is really pretty! Thanks for playing along at Stampin Sisters in CHrist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jhet - great to see you this week! Love the elegance of your card....the scripture is perfect for this weeks challenge! Love the colours and the texture - well played Jhet! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}]
    Linda SSCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin