Pages

16 November 2010

SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT (CAS93 and SSCC65)

Wow! I can't believe that we're already in the middle of November and I'm still well behind with my Christmas cards! Ugh!! Anyways, I hope I'll be able to create more within this week.  My card for today is based on two challenges:

CAS93  a sketch inspired by ltecler and,
SSCC65 based on John 3:30 verse ("He must increase, but I must decrease.")

On SSCC65 we have 3 options on how to present our card.  One is to make a CAS card to show that I need to decrease;  two is to make a "more is more" card showing that God must increase and three is to make a simple version of a card then we'll show the more is more version. 

As I've said I chose to make the CAS card because I want others to see more of Jesus in me and less of myself. Hence, the simplicity of my card. :)  I haven't coloured for months now and it felt like first time to me while I was colouring this image from Justrite Christmas Treasures set. I actually went over the circle stamped margin while I was sponging the sky (not in purpose, of course, LOL!). And to make unnoticeable, after cutting it with Circle Nesties, I coloured the white area with my Copic marker, put some glue on it and sprinkled it generously with my MS Crystal Fine Glitter!! The dp is from Graphic 45 (from my stash) and I just adorned it with leaves from Prima Christmas mix and a pearl at the center.

Thanks for visiting once again and see you on my next post.

Have a blessed day!

Jhet
Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jhet! Oh I love your CAS card! Love the image and how you colored it and great idea to "fix" it with the glitter... gives a nice extra punch and I love it!!! Thanks for your continued support of Stampin Sisters in Christ challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jhet this is a fabulous clean and simple card. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card!!! It is so clean and simple and the image is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jhet, this is gorgeous!!! Your work is an inspiration for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jhet - it is lovely to see you play along this week! Your colouring ROCKS girl - the colours are gorgeous too! It is perfect for this weeks challenge! Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin